My life as a mommy :)

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

3 weeks old...

How do I already have a 3 week old?!?!?!? Someone please stop the time, he's growing way to fast!!! I promise I'll get to his birth story one day but we are too busy soaking up all our baby time :)

He turned 3 weeks old today and he now weighs 8 lbs 2 oz and is 21 inches long. We started off on complete breastfeeding and he was an amazing breastfeeding baby but he eats way more than I can produce so we are now half breast feed and half formula. He is on similac sensitive due to some tummy issues and I really hope it helps! He gets 4 oz of breastmilk at our 7 am feeding, lunchtime feeding, and bedtime feeding and will eat every 2-2.5 hours. He gets formula the rest of the time and eats anywhere from 2.5-5 oz and eats every 3-4 hours.

He is starting to stay awake for longer periods now and always wakes up at our 7 am feeding, lunchtime feeding, 3 pm feeding and 8 pm feeding. I love when he is awake because he will just sit there an stare and loves to look around and take everything in. He loves Jesus loves me and loves for me to read to him.

He is a bit spoiled and I hold him a lot and we will put him in his bassinet to sleep but in the middle of the night feedings I end up leaving him on my chest to sleep. I've heard many bad thoughts about this but as a mother I feel safer knowing he is breathing and I will not roll over or let him roll of y chest.

He started holding his head up for a short period of time during tummy time last night and smiles a lot, I know it's still random but I love it!

No comments: