My life as a mommy :)

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Loving my Mommy...

My Mom, Michelle

Everyone always says, I have the best mother anyone could ask for, but I really do. My mom is the best lady I know. She would go to the end of the world for us kids. She makes sure that we have everything we need and works her booty off to cook, clean and make sure we are happy. I realize this is your typical mother's day post about your typical mother BUT just let me tell you what is so different about my mom.

1.She is on fire for God.
The one thing she loves more than her family is God. She has made sure that we knew how wonderful God is and I know she will be going to heaven. There is not a doubt in my mind that my mother is not Godly. She wakes up early every morning just to study her bible and I know she really takes in what she reads. She is not just a Christian for looks or because its the right thing to do, she is a Christian because without her God, she knows she wouldn't be here. I have learned so much fro her faith and I only hope that I can build my relationship with God to be as strong as her's is.

2. She truly cares about others.
My mom goes out off her way to make sure others are happy. That can also be the downfall to her because I see her get upset and hurt over people mistreating her. However, she will NOT run her mouth about anyone. My sister came to live with us when I was really little, I dont even know how little because that is how long she has been with us, and my mom treated her just like she gave birth to her. You never hear my mom refer to Heather as her stepdaughter, it is always "My daughter Heather". That to me, is a wonderful thing when you are willing to take a child in and treat them just like your own. That proves her care for others.

3.She is VERY STRONG!
Her dad passed away when I was 1 month old from cancer and I know that is always really hard on her but I have never seen my mom complain that God took away her dad. She knows her dad is in a much better place. Don't get me wrong, she misses him so bad that some days I am afraid she is gonna go crazy but she just talks to him and feels better. That's another aspect of how strong her faith is also. She can be so horribly sick, but still is worried about us and cleaning and cooking. I am worried that one day she is going to overdue herself, but she is strong.

4.She is one proud Grandmother!
She is known to Kayden as "MeMe". Every since the day Kayden was born, my mom has been in love. She talks about him all the time and brags about how handsome he is. She is so gentle and patient with him and she just lights up when he is over. This is her first mother's day as a grandmother and I dont think she would care about any gifts as long as she can spend the day with Kayden.

5.She is determined to find a cure.
A CURE FOR CANCER! My mom works at a Cancer Center and she has such a love for all her patients. She can not stand when one of them does not finish their fight and she will cry. Many people ask why I want so bad to be in the Oncology field and it comes from watching my mom and how determined she is. She is so involved with Relay for Life and she praises God for allowing her the chance to be around such wonderful people. She works so hard at her job and I am so proud of her.

6. She is dedicated to her family!
I do not know one game that my mom missed out of us three kids. I do not know one important senior event that she didnt attend for me or Heather. Every field trip, dentist appointment, exciting moment, she was there for it all and you could see her light up when we done something good. She motivates us all to go for our dreams. She has spent many nights holding my hair while I threw up and scrubbing the floor afterwards. She has wiped all of mine and Heather's heart-broken tears. She helped me decide where to go to college and helped Tyler learn to drive. She showed Heather the ropes of motherhood and followed my dad in all of his dreams. She cares more about us than she does herself.

7.Overall, Mother of the Year!
I could go on and on about how amazing my mother is because I am dead set in my belief that I was blessed with the best mother on this planet. If it's true that we pick our parents before birth then I know I picked the right one. I won't lie, we dont always see eye to eye on things but overall, we do. She is my best friend, she is there for all my breakdowns, all my happy achievements, and just everything. When I have my breakdowns I know my mom will be there to pick me up and give me an encouraging word or a whole paragraph. She has helped me so much in school and tells me everyday how proud she is that I chose the oncology field and that makes everything all worth while. She tells all of us how proud she is and encourages us in our dreams. My mom is the most beautiful lady I know and I hate to see her down or doubt herself, but she never wallows in self-pity. If I turn out to be half the mother and wife that she is then I will so proud because she is phenomenal.

A mother's love for her child is like
nothing else in the world. It knows no
law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes
down remorselessly all that stands in its path.
Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete.


No comments: